Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

The Party Predictor (8/8) - 2012 and 2013 Thus Far

The finale is here.  It's time to start the final "The Party Predictor" post.


Underwater Expedition:
I personally hope that this party returns because I missed out on getting Rookie's Anvil Background.  However, while signs point in favor to more expeditions, they don't show hopeful prospects for any of the individual expeditions.  However, the underwater has a lot more we don't know about, so that's is one hopeful piece of information to cling onto.

Fashion Show:
Since there is now a runway in the Clothes Shop (formerly known as the Gift Shop), I'm not sure there is a lot of purpose for this to return.

Rockhopper's Quest:
This party was incredibly popular and was personally one of best parties of 2012 for me.  Given its popularity and the fact that Club Penguin now has a stamp that you earn when you leave the island (meaning that Club Penguin has to provide new opportunities to do so), I believe it will return at some point.  However, I believe if it does return we will take different route and have a different agenda than last time (that is, unless the beacon on Shipwreck Island breaks, in which case we would go back there).  Rockhopper has said that someday we may be able to visit Rockhopper Island so maybe we'd go there.


Puffle Party:
See my 2009 post for analysis.

April Fools Party:
See my 2006 post for analysis.

Easter Egg Hunt:
See my 2006 post for analysis.

Earth Day:
See my 2010 post for analysis.

Medieval Party:
See my 2008 post for analysis.

Marvel Superhero Takeover:
This was the first advertising party on Club Penguin.  While some did not like it purely for the fact that it was branded, many others welcomed it with open arms.  Personally, I did not mind that it had the Marvel element included, given that the costumes and the name are the only things that have something to do with the superhero powerhouse.  The advertising wasn't shoved down your throat.  It was subtle.  I thought it was cool to see city Club Penguin, thought the costumes were well designed, and thought it was awesome that non - members could buy clothes from a catalog finally.  

But will it return?  Well, Spike Hike recently gave us a definitive answer on Twitter - yes!  He didn't specify if it would be this year but the party is indeed coming back.  I believe that if it returns this year, it would probably be smart to launch it in May - when Iron Man 3 hits theaters.  With this change, the Medieval Party could move to June.  However, Polo Field more recently said it was in the beginning stages of planning suggesting A. - It will be much different than last year (not just a copy and paste party) and B. - It may come in the later months of the year, given that Club Penguin plans months in advance usually.  This may shoot down the May or even June return theories*, but could suggest a return around Iron Man 3's DVD release date, which would probably come out in November.**  So, it is all a guessing game right now.  

*We do not definitively know how far ahead Club Penguin plans - in some cases it's up to the day of release, in others it may be year's ahead.  In January 2012, a dry eraser board was revealed online that was believed to be from the Club Penguin offices.  It featured some events that happened and others that never ended up appearing.  If memory serves me right, the board featured events from January to June, giving stock to the theory that Club Penguin plans about six months ahead.

**This release date is not confirmed and is merely an estimate.  Also, the party may not necessary come out to promote something exactly when it is released - 2012's party came out a month after "The Avengers" hit cinemas.  Finally, I think November would be a plausible month to move to and stay in in future years because there is no traditional party taking up reality in that month as of now.  

Ultimate Jam: Make Your Mark:
See my 2008 post for my analysis on the Music Jam. 

Island Adventure Party: Temple of Fruit:
See my 2009 post for analysis.

The Fair:
See my 2007 post for analysis.

Anniversary Party:
See my 2006 post for analysis.

Halloween Party:
See my 2005 post for analysis.

Operation Blackout:
While many (including me) enjoyed this event, I don't think Herbert will try this plot again.  However, I believe that parties centered around stopping Herbert will continue to pop up.

Holiday Party:
See my 2005 post for analysis.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Since (as of this writing) there has only been one party in 2013 to dissect, I will do that briefly right now.

Prehistoric Party:
While well received, I believe this expedition - like party will be a no show in future years.  While unfortunate (I personally wouldn't mind a reappearance), I think this party will continue the trend of expedition parties.  However, the Time Trekker brings a whole new dimension to the Club Penguin story line so don't be surprised if we get to hop back in it again sometime.  While Gary said in an Elite Penguin Force message recently that the space - time continuum is sealed for good right now, don't doubt him.  Gary is a smart man and I think he'll be able to break into it again.

Other Confirmed Parties:
- Hollywood Party (February 14)
- Puffle Party (March)
- Superhero Takeover - Marvel not confirmed to be included (?)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

That about wraps up my "Party Predictor" series.  Soon I hope to launch a couple single part posts, a review of The Hollywood Party, and launch some new pages on the site.

As Billybob would say, waddle on!
- Chillin43      


No comments:

Post a Comment