Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Party Predictor (2/8) - 2006

It's time for another installment of my Party Predictor so get ready for some major nostalgia as I examine 2006 - the first full year of Club Penguin.



Winter Luau:
Ah, the first and only Hawaiian endeavor in Club Penguin's history!  The sights, the sounds, the mysterious light blue penguin who appeared with the Penguin Band and was never to be seen again!  Why did this party never return, you ask?  Well while I don't have a definitive answer, I think Club Penguin merely booted it off their schedule to accommodate the Winter Fiesta, which proved so popular the Hawaiian outing was scrapped.  While I would love for this party to return since I never got to see it, I think its chances of returning are slim.  As I will probably speak about a few more times before this series ends, I think because of its worldwide popularity, Club Penguin prefers to  have broad parties that don't just target a single demographic.  For now, you'll just have to gaze at the screenshots if you want to half way experience it.

Valentine's Day Celebration:
This is another party that came once and was never to be seen again.  I believe that will remain true.  This party was omitted from subsequent years to prevent encouraging dating through the site.  It's as simple as that.

Pizza Parlor Opening:
Unless through a Time Trekker flashback like I suggested for the Beta Party, don't count on this specific party returning.

However, as for opening parties in general, they've become scarce. The event of a permanent room coming to the island has become rare in and of its - self. I don't know if one will open again, given that there isn't really any space for new businesses to build on and there isn't a lot of room on the map for new locations to be put on.

Even if a new room opens, a party would be questionable to go along with it. One of the last times a new room was opened was in mid 2010. That room was the Everyday Phoning Facility and there was no party to coincide with it. Go back a few months earlier and you'll see the opening of new areas in the Mine. While the exploration of the area was a party, when it was reopened permanently to the public (after being closed due to safety reasons) there was no bang about it. So as you can see, modern Club Penguin doesn't seem to celebrate new space very much.

Saint Patrick's Day:
I got to participate in this party once in 2009.  Naturally, like every other Club Penguin party, I loved it.  However, I wouldn't bet on this one returning fully.  Like I stated in my Winter Luau explanation, Club Penguin doesn't want to isolate any of it's players with a party it chooses.  I think this a both a good thing and a bad thing.  On one hand, you don't want kids to feel left out.  But on the other, it's a good thing to expose people different cultures.  That could be a bragging right on Club Penguin's parent page.  However, to prove cultural differences is not a complete determining factor, look at 2011's Card Jitsu Party.  It was filled with references to Chinese life.  This may be hopeful news for parties such as this that are based on culture.

Last year an eraser board, which was believed to be from the HQ of Club Penguin was released online.  While many of the events on the board did appear eventually some events did not.  One event was listed with a question mark if memory serves me right - The St. Patrick's Day Party.  While there was a little nod to it at the Puffle Party (which I'm glad they did), it did not return fully.  However, this may prove Club Penguin hasn't turned their backs on it completely.  Maybe just by about sixty degrees. ;)

April Fools Party:
This party has appeared every year since 2006, so I would be surprised if it disappears this year.  However, the party has gotten smaller and smaller each year.  While I'm not saying that's a horrible thing, it is worth wondering if this year it may expand across the island once again or be confined to the Box Dimension.

Easter Egg Hunt:
This party had a scare in 2010 when it was skipped over. This was probably due to Club Penguin deciding if it was to much of a religious holiday to celebrate in light of the fact that some players on their site are not Christian.  In 2011, with a big sigh of relief from many, the party was returned safely.  Because it returned in 2012, I believe the party has been reinstated as an annual event and will continue for years to come.

Cave Opening Party:
Unless by Time Trekker (which is improbable in and of its-self), this is very unlikely to return.

Summer Party:
This will most likely never return because as the Club's worldwide popularity began to grow, the developers had to take into account that when it is summer in Canada it may be another season elsewhere.  I would have loved to see this party but alas, it is not likely unless it is rebranded into a vacation party or something of the like.

Wild West Party:
This one's is a tough one.  Back in the day it was voted as the party to return during the Surprise Party, so it was obviously popular.  However, it hasn't returned in a while so it may not see the light of the day again.

Sports Day:
This party technically has appeared twice - once under this name and a few years later as The Penguin Games.  In one way or another this party is coming back - partially - during the Hollywood Party which (as of this writing) takes place in a few days time.  During this party there will be a cheerleader movie to partake in giving partial new light to this type of event.  I think this type of event doesn't appear that often because not everyone loves sports.  It is worth noting that even though I'm not a sports fanatic, I did enjoy The Penguin Games.  So at least for me, that's not a problem.  So who knows!  We could see the resurrection of this party in many different forms, if it ever returns past the Hollywood Party - which I see as a very real possibility.


Lighthouse Party:
Unless the house - of - light breaks down and needs repair or if my Time Trekker theory somehow becomes reality, my crystal bulb says no.


Anniversary Party:
Whether downsized or not, I believe this party will keep coming and so with it the fabled party hats.  I have always had a dream that the party could be island wide at some point but, with the Halloween Party starting earlier and earlier each year, I believe it will continue to overlap and not have its full day in the spotlight, which is a shame.  My advice to Club Penguin - start this party a few days before the 24th, end it on the 25th, and then start the Halloween Party directly after, allowing it to go into November.  It's just a thought.

Halloween Party:
*See "The Party Predictor (1/8) - 2005" for my take. ( http://clubpeng.in/UT1Ock )

Lime Green Party:
[Insert Time Trekker explanation here.] ;)

But in all seriousness, I don't believe there will be another Color Party.  Just look at the only other new colors ever released in Club Penguin while the site was running. When Aqua dropped it merely appeared in The Penguin Style Catalog. No confetti, no streamers, and certainly no mess to clean up after. More recently, Arctic White was released for free and during a party - The Holiday Party, that is. You never know but, don't count your life on this one returning.

Christmas Party:
*See "The Party Predictor (1/8) - 2005" for my take. ( http://clubpeng.in/UT1Ock )

2007 is on its way!
- Chillin43







No comments:

Post a Comment