Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

The Party Predictor (5/8) - 2009

We're half way done, so it's time to start analyzing 2009's party roster.


Dance - A - Thon:
This party is highly significant in Club Penguin history.  It featured the first appearance of a penguin named Cadence,  the release of the Dance Contest game, the opening of the Dance Club Roof (which has appeared numerous times ever since), and the final (as of now) completely member only party.  While the party was so popular that it was extended, I don't believe it will be returning given that it only appeared once and has been absent for a little over three years.

Winter Fiesta:
See my 2007 post for my analysis.

Puffle Party:
This is one of the few parties I have a definitive answer for.  Based on what P.H. said in the first issue of The Club Penguin Times in 2013 and given the fact that Club Penguin's next song is "Puffle Party - Gotta Have a Wingman", I think that case is pretty much sealed.  This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone because one - this party is traditional and incredibly popular and two - in the Upcoming Events section of the April Fools 2012 issue of T.C.P.T. it was confirmed.  As for if it will be back in 2014 and onward - all signs point to yes.

There is the question of what month this party will come out in.  During the first years of its existence, it always appeared in the month of February.  However, as it will this year, in recent years it has resided in March.  I believe this March change is here to stay, although I don't why it switched its month of appearance in the first place.

Saint Patrick's Day:
See my 2006 post for my analysis.

Penguin Play Awards:
This party is another one of my favorites.  I don't know why but I felt it was always interesting to see Club Penguin's take on award shows.  While Billybob once said in a blog post that this party was going to be annual, it only appeared two times.  You may be able to blame its omission on a puffle.

Both years that the Penguin Play Awards were held, "The Quest of The Golden Puffle" swept the awards bringing home (if memory serves me right) a total of eight out of ten awards in the two years.  This is incredibly significant given that it went up against four other plays.  Club Penguin may have ended it because they didn't want this play to win again and again each year.  If this is so, it begs the question - why not just switch out plays as nominees?  There were plenty of other plays that didn't even get the chance to bring home a trophy.*

While it may be partially returning in this year's Hollywood Party, will this specific party ever return?  Well, I think this one has a better chance of returning then a lot of other former parties.  As the years go on, Club Penguin will gain even more plays and - who knows? - maybe someday we'll get to vote again, with every single play ever on the frozen island represented.

*As a disclaimer, I just need to say this purely me speculating.  There is no evidence that this play led to the demise of this party.  Also, I really like "The Quest of the Golden Puffle" and think its awards are rightfully deserved.  I just wish the other plays could have won an award as well.

Snow Sculpture Showcase:
See my 2007 post for my analysis on the Winter Festival, a party with an uncanny resemblance to this one.

April Fools Party:
See my 2006 post for my analysis.

Easter Egg Hunt:
See my 2006 post for my analysis.

Medieval Party:
See my 2008 post for my analysis.

Adventure Party:
This is one of Club Penguin's newest traditional parties.  It is also one of the most constantly evolving parties on the island.  2009's original was about exploring.  The 2010 rendition focused more on pirates, the Navy, and mermaids.  2011 found us on a mad hunt for Rockhopper's cream soda.  And in 2012, we journeyed into the Temple of Fruit (sponsored by Innocent Smoothies) and opened Smoothie Smash.  So, while I'm pretty sure it will return for years to come, the question is - what will it be about?  If Disney agrees to team up with Innocent Smoothies again, we could very well see the Temple of Fruit return.  Also, keep in mind Disney has an ongoing deal with Subway restaurants that started in 2012.  So far, they have has Brave, Wreck - It - Ralph, (which by the way, Polo Field has stated he is obsessed with on Twitter) and Fraken - weenie kids meal tie ins.  If Club Penguin became part of that resume, could we see the Temple of Vegetables in our future?**

Another good question to ask is - when will it return?  In its years on the Island, it has taken place in June, July, and August.  Also, what will it be called?  In its previous outings, it has been named the Adventure Party, the Island Adventure Party, and the Island Adventure Party: Temple of Fruit.  I do not have answers to any of these questions - Club Penguin might not even, yet.

** Ever since this party, Rockhopper has mentioned a lot of "Temple of...."s in the newspaper, which proves others exist in the Club Penguin canon.  I believe he has even mentioned a Temple of Vegetables.

Music Jam:
See my 2008 post for my analysis.

Festival of Flight:
This also on the list of my absolute favorite parties on Club Penguin.  However, given this was another once - and - done, I don't know if it has a high probability of returning.  That being said, the story line for this party was that Gary had to replace the Underground Pool windows with new ones.  While Gary is a smart man and could have put on ones that will last an incredibly long time, the need may "arise" (heh -heh, get it?) again someday.

The Fair:
See my 2007 post for my analysis.

Anniversary Party:
See my 2006 post for my analysis.

Halloween Party:
See my 2005 post for my analysis.

Celebration of Fire:
See my somewhat implausible Time Trekker theory in previous posts of "The Party Predictor".

Winter Party:
While the probability of this specific party returning is not high, I do believe we will see more maze events in the future.

Holiday Party:
See my 2005 post for my analysis.

We only have a few more parts left.  2010 is coming soon!
- Chillin43


No comments:

Post a Comment