Pages

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Fool Me Once...

There are plenty of items made of wool in Club Penguin.  Has Club Penguin been trying to pull those inventory slots over our eyes?

Source: Club Penguin Wikia

It was back in September when I first noticed something strange in the Club Penguin Times.  I seemed to be having déjà vu - I swore I had seen something like that picture before!  And I had - during the Prehistoric Party just eight months before....


Then, we flash-forward to November of this year.  Operation: Puffle was running rampid and so was my mind.  I recognized another fake-out....


And, now, we come to the trifecta piece: a December 2013 image bearing a striking resemblance to one from March of this year.


But, then, I found a little gem on Twitter.  Courtesy of @rajclaw, I have a fourth piece of evidence.  Remember the red puffle pin from a few years back?  Yeah, well, it closely resembles the rainbow puffle one from the Puffle Party of 2013.

Source: @rajclaw

Why the copying?

Well, we do know that there were some layoffs at Club Penguin a few years back.  It is possible that fewer workers now have to accomplish their own job and ones that others used to do.

Additionally, Club Penguin workers have to do so much more now days.  They have to design promotional materials, merchandise, and more things than before in the game (example: party games).  Perhaps they need to cut corners to get what they need to do done.

*Tootsie Pop announcer voice* The World may never know.

As Billybob would say, Waddle On!
- Chillin43

No comments:

Post a Comment