Pages

Friday, December 27, 2013

2013 in Review (2/7): The Prediction Shakedown

I've predicted many things over the past eleven months.  What did I get right and what did I get horribly wrong?

Source: Club Penguin Wikia

The Party Predictor (1/8) - 2005
In this post, I predicted that the Halloween Party and the Holiday Party would come back.  I was right on both.  It's also worth noting that I said that there could be a party at some point involving the Time Trekker which would allow partial access to older parties that would be seemingly impossible to have return.  Ironically, Spike Hike confirmed this year that a Time Travel Party had almost become an event.  Additionally, I stated that the Holiday Party name is here to stay, which appears true.

The Party Predictor (2/8) - 2006
I predicted correctly that the Anniversary Party would come back, though that was pretty much a gimme.  However, I believed that the Saint Patrick Party could return given its small appearance in 2012.  This proved wrong.  I also was almost sure that the April Fools' Day party and the Easter Egg Hunt were coming back in 2013 which was wrong.  The same can be said for my certainty that there would never be another Summer Party.  Additionally, I stated that parties coinciding with room releases were something of the past.  I was proved wrong with March's shindigs for the Puffle Hotel.

The Party Predictor (3/8) - 2007
In this third post, I predicted that the Water Party would return, which happened in some capacity at the Teen Beach Movie party.  On the other side, I predicted that the Fair would return, which is both right and wrong given that it didn't make an appearance this year but will in 2014.

Source: K Pop Starz

The Party Predictor (4/8) - 2008
First of all, I predicted that fireworks would continue to come back, which turned out to be true.  I also predicted that the Medieval Party would come back, which seemed false at first.

I was also right about Music Jam's return, given the fact that the Summer Jam this year had music front and center.  I was wrong that the name would be switched back to Music Jam after being transformed into the Ultimate Jam, though.  I actually ironically talked about Shake It Up's cancellation, along with the end of the associated contest.  While that was merely speculatory at the time, it turns out that this year Shake It Up was indeed canceled and the contest was not held.  It aired its last episode earlier this fall.

The Party Predictor (5/8) - 2009
First of all, I said that the Adventure Party would return, which was incorrect.

In regards to the Penguin Play Awards, I stated that there was a chance it could come back because "as the years go on, Club Penguin will gain even more plays [which could then be voted for, eliminating the possibility that the same play could win the same awards each year]."  Ironically, not a single new Stage production was to be found this year.

The Party Predictor (6/8) - 2010
Here, I predicted that the Earth Day Party would continue "for years to come."  This is ironic considering the fact that Spike Hike revealed late in 2013 that this party had some of the smallest attendance numbers of all parties.  This would imply that it will never return.

Source: Club Penguin Secrets

The Party Predictor (7/8) - 2011
This post saw me say that there wouldn't be another Wilderness-centric party.  You only have to look to Operation: Puffle to see that I was wrong.  I also correctly predicted that the Card-Jitsu Party would return for Snow's in-game launch.

The Party Predictor (8/8) - 2012 and 2013 Thus Far
First off, I was wrong when I said that Rockhopper's Quest would return.  I also correctly predicted that another Herbert event would come.

Meanwhile, my Marvel prediction was an interesting case.  At the time of press, Spike Hike had revealed that the party would return - though he didn't say when or if it would be associated with Marvel.  I predicted that the party would have Marvel attached, which was obviously correct.  I also predicted that it would come out in May - around Iron Man 3's release - which was right in essence; it did come out around the time 3 was in theaters - it was just in April instead.  Based on Polo Field's "beginning stages of development" comment, I also predicted that the party would it be totally different from 2012's opening romp.  This turned out to be far more true than I had realized, given the fact that this party was one of the only ones in 2013 that was hyped to be totally new.  It's also interesting to note I was way off on the Iron Man 3 DVD release date that I proposed.  I predicted that it would come out in November; in reality, it floated onto shelves all around the World throughout September.

Source: Club Penguin Wikia

The Cross Promotion Tactic (2/2) - What's Next
In this post, I predicted that Disney Channel could invade Club Penguin again at some point which proved true in August of this year.  I also correctly predicted that we would see a Pixar takeover.

I also predicted that there would be a Star Wars party, though I didn't think it would come until far off in the future.  In fact, I stated that I believed a Club Penguin partnership would come after Disney had dealt with other objectives.  In reality, Club Penguin was the first group to work with Lucasfilms after it was acquired by Disney.

In yet another twist of irony, I proposed that Club Penguin could have a Frozen Takeover.  This was a popular rumor this past month.

Will the Superhero Party "Takeover" April?
Basically the whole post was right.  Let's move on.

The June Prediction
I'm particularly proud of this post given the fact that I figured out the party before the infamous flag sneak peek.

Source: Trainman1405

No Party is Safe
This post was basically an obituary for the Medieval Party.  So...whoops.

That being said, I did predict that the Medieval Party could still have a place in our future, which was right......though I predicted it would be in November.

Additionally, I correctly picked The Fair out as a target for removal, though that might be viewed as wrong now because it is coming back in 2014.  I also said that the Anniversary Party had to come back, though I didn't rule out the possibility that the Holiday and Halloween parties were marked for death.

Pixar's Next Appearance
In this post, I predicted that the Monsters University DVD would come out in November while pointing out the ways that the Monsters takeover could return.  In reality, I wasn't far off.  The DVD dropped on October 29 here in the U.S.

A "Fair" Question
In this post, I predicted that the Fair would be taken off the playing field this year.

Source: Club Penguin Secrets

The Puffle to End All Puffles?
In what is the biggest blunder that you'll find in this blog post, I predicted that the rainbow puffle would indeed be the final puffle ever to be released.  This is especially ironic when you consider that the behind-the-scenes gold puffle video that was recently released basically says that there is still a numerous amount of them out there.  I then went as far as to say the only puffle that really couldn't be released was the gold puffle.  I may have to flee the country.

The Early Bird Catches the Puffle
In this final blog post, I was able to piece together the fact that there would an EPF event involving Herbert and puffles in November.  I even deduced that it would be named Operation: Puffle.  I predicted that the small little updates that puffles had gotten in the past few months had been building up to November's puffle event.  This is true when you realize that puffle digging and the puffle station in the Pizza Parlor both play crucial roles in both Operation: Puffle and the gold puffle adoption process.  I also figured out that P.H. would be at the event and linked past plot details to the mission and gold puffle.

That just about wraps up this portion of this final series of 2013.  Part three will arrive soon.

As Billybob would say, Waddle On!
- Chillin43

No comments:

Post a Comment