Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Review: Card Jitsu Snow

While the game is still in beta, it's time for me to give my initial thoughts on the newest installment in this series.
First of all I have to say that besides the bugs (which are to be expected, it's a beta test after all), I have really no complaints about the game.  While it was a bit confusing in the beginning, with no instructions being shown, the game is pretty easy to catch on to.  Even though I still have a couple small queries after playing the game a few times, I do understand the core components of this game.  The game play is pretty addicting and I can see myself spending hours playing the game again and again in the future.

I also like how things are very different from the Card Jitsu predecessors.  The game play is like no other game on Club Penguin and feels very different from the other Jitsu games.  The way you earn items and proceed in the game also differs from the other Card games.  Also, with this game there isn't the standard mat with Sensei on it, nor is Sensei seen at all (although he is watching).  There are no mats to play the game on and I don't believe there will be a Challenge Sensei option.  There is also no competition between players in this game.  You work with the others to defeat the villains.  These differences are stark contrasts from the previous games and really surprised me.

On another note, I believe this game, as with the other Card Jitsu ones, has great replay value.  Just like the other games, the item progression/ journey to becoming a snow ninja is something that is very good at bringing people back.  Stamps are also a great incentive which this game includes.  But what gives this game the edge over the other ninja ones is the ability to earn coins through it.  This part of the game is the most surprising and exciting part about it for me as this gives a great reason to play the game again and again even after all the items are earned and all stamps are unlocked.  It also makes since to award coins here since you are helping society by bringing the bad guys to justice.  It's like a job.

In closing, I believe the Team did a great job on this game and I find it very enjoyable.

As Billybob would say, Waddle On!
- Chillin43

No comments:

Post a Comment