Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Looking Ahead: 2014 Edition

As we enter a new year, I will now predict how I think this year will pan out - and will probably fail miserably.

Source: Best Club Penguin Cheats

January 2014 - Prehistoric Party 2014 (Confirmed)
I'll be rather frank - I never would have predicted this party as one to return.  You see, as much as I loved this party last year, every expedition party in Club Penguin history has never had a second outing and I thought this one would have the same fate.  Additionally, this party was not made up of decorations - it was "real."  This meant that if it returned in future years, it couldn't really change, unless we went back to another period of prehistoric life or explored a different part of the island.  I would have said a new expedition would take place in January - not that this well-received event would return.

February 2014 - The Fair 2014 (Confirmed)
This is another party that I never saw coming to February.  As much as I love the idea - the Fair is one of my all-time favorite events, after all - I thought that Club Penguin was done with the Fair when it didn't return anywhere in 2013.  Parties rarely just skip a year and then come back, so this was a very unexpected and great surprise.

I would have placed my bets on another Hollywood Party, in fact.  Putting aside feelings for the camera quest, most penguins seemed to like it.  If it's not coming in February during Oscar time, I don't think we'll see it at all.

Source: Club Penguin Insiders

March 2014 - Puffle Party 2014
While the Puffle Party is personally my least favorite annual event (It's good enough, but it's no Medieval Party.), I believe that based on what love the Club Penguin Team seems to give puffles constantly - especially in 2013 and what looks to be the opening of 2014 - I believe this party will come back.  One big thing to support this is the fact that P.H. needs some party to attend - and this is the only annual party that supplies this under-rated character with a chance.

However, it may be hard to top the opening of a Puffle Hotel.  Because of this, I believe that if any traditional party is to be axed, it will probably be this one.  Where P.H. will go then is anyone's guess.

April 2014 - Marvel Superhero Takeover 2014
While Spike Hike once said that he wasn't sure if there would be any takeovers in 2014, I am almost positive there will be a few - starting with this one.  This party was one of my favorites in 2013 and 2012 and I believe it will make a third appearance this year.  There are still many Marvel characters to penguinize and the potential for Marvel storylines, games, and rooms is incredibly high.  The parties also have a pretty high amount of good-will from Club Penguin fans and have proved to be some of the most popular events in Club Penguin history.  Additionally, Captain America: The Winter Soldier hit theaters (or theatres) worldwide in April and The Amazing Spider-Man 2 comes out in May (which, while made by Sony, is still owned in part by Disney), making for perfect promotion*.  And to add to all this, rarely does a party return two years in a row and then not come back for a third year and onward.  I think this party has obtained annual status and I sure am glad.

Two other Marvel movies produced by Disney are also arriving this year - Guardians of the Galaxy in August and Big Hero 6 in November.  A slight change in real-estate to help promote these films* is not out of the question, though given how well I think it fits in April, I believe that it will stay in the month.  I also believe we will go without the April Fools' Day Party, Earth Day, and Easter once again this year.  Meanwhile, a return for Red Nose Day isn't possible, as that event takes place only every two years.

*Spike Hike has said that takeover parties are not made to promote things.  While I do believe him, I think there is a slight marketing objective with each one.  I think that Club Penguin periodically goes to Disney and asks if they can make a party based on a certain property, which then leads Disney to give them the materials they need and suggest ideal places to put the party in order to help awareness of a certain product.  In this way, Disney is being helped out but Club Penguin still has the last word.

Source: Club Penguin Insiders

May 2014 - Card-Jitsu Party 2014
Spike Hike hinted back in November that production on the next phase of the Card-Jitsu journey is deep in development.  The update, which I believe will be Card-Jitsu Shadow, has already been confirmed for 2014 and I believe it will launch in the ninja month of 2013 - May.  A Card-Jitsu Party to go along with it also seems obvious, and could become a permanent fixture in the month for years to come.

June 2014 - New Party
As much as I loved the Monsters University Takeover, I don't believe it will return in 2014.  Despite the fact that the Scare Games event at 2013's party was said to be the first annual one, I think that, given the fact that there is nothing new in the Monsters universe to promote (other than merchandise), this party doesn't have a very good reason to return economically.  While the Monsters films do have broad appeal, they are not constantly relevant like Star Wars is.  Because of this, Disney will want to move onto something else.

So, what goes here if Sulley, Mike, and the gang are gone?  Well, that's anyone's guess.  Potential returning candidates include the Music Jam (or the Ultimate Jam), the Adventure Party, or the Water Party.  The Summer Jam from 2013 or another annual party could also feasibly move to this month.

This opening could also give Club Penguin the opportunity to try something new, as I believe will happen.  My best guess, as far as takeovers are concerned, is a party to promote Planes: Fire and Rescue, a movie scheduled to be released in July.  This takeover could combine elements from both the Planes franchise and Pixar's Cars one, which Planes was spun-off from.

Source: Disney Wikia

July 2014 - Star Wars Takeover 2014
Summer is said to be the slowest time of year for Club Penguin traffic, so this acclaimed party, which delivered plenty of visitors, seems like a smart one to promote to an annual position.  And, since 2013's party only followed the plot of A New Hope, future variations would have plenty of content to base new adventures on.

August 2014 - Summer Jam 2014
2013's Teen Beach Movie event was arguably the most popular party of the entire year.  Thus, I am almost completely sure that it will return in 2014, albeit without the dated Teen Beach theme.

September 2014 - Medieval Party 2014
This party seems to have found a good home in September and I believe it will come back, given how popular it appears to be.  This time-period still holds plenty of possibilities for stories and I believe new material can still be added to this old favorite for years to come.

Source: Jacky Site

October 2014 - Halloween Party 2014
This party is almost 100% certain to return after being one of only two real world events to survive the genocide that 2013 put such Club Penguin parties through.  There are still plenty of potential Halloween themes with untapped potential.

November 2014 - New EPF Operation
I believe that November has officially become Herbert's month.  While it won't feature Operation: Blackout or Operation: Puffle, there will be a new plot for us to discover.  I will be a bit disappointed if there is another Herbert plot in November, not because I don't like them, but because no criminal would make such a predictable move.

December 2014 - Holiday Party/Coins For Change 2014
With plenty of potential, good-will for Coins For Change, and fans' love for the annual festivities, this event is sure to return, especially after surviving the mass-removal of real-world event parties in 2013.

As Billybob would say, Waddle On!
- Chillin43

5 comments:

  1. What awaits us in 2014 is a mystery... much to look forward to then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. March has been confirmed to be a new party so I am not so sure if we will have the Puffle Party this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep - I heard about that! Spike confirmed that the Puffle Party will find a new home around Easter - which occurs on April 20 this year.

      Delete
  3. Check out this blog post about Gary I made: http://www.clubpenguinwiki.info/wiki/Blog:Mario_Rk/How_Gary_Ruined_CP_Forever

    Do you believe my theory?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very interesting blog post - I agree with your points! It actually is kind of similar to one that I will be writing soon....so be on the lookout for that.

      Delete