Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

The Great 2016 Prediction Post

So, yeah...most of this will end up being wrong.


January: Prehistoric Party (Confirmed)
I started thinking about this post a few months ago and during that brainstorming session, I thought about putting a Good Dinosaur party in January since CP has created parties for two Pixar movies in a row.  I also considered placing a Star Wars party here, but, we can see how that would have worked out. 

February: New Original Party
Unless I'm mistaken, that SoundStudio Party wasn't the most popular party ever.  I think it's possible that Music Jam returns once again in another form, but it's anyone's guess as to where that would end up.  Disney may sneak March's Zootopia into this slot or bask in the glory of The Force Awakens as it starts to leave theaters, but I'm guessing this party will have more of a general theme that we haven't seen before or haven't seen in awhile.  Medieval Party, anyone?

March: Puffle Party
The Puffle Party has tangoed back and forth between March and April for years.  It happened to go back to March in 2015, so I'm guessing it ends up there in 2016 as well.  The only thing I know for certain is that it will be back...hopefully without a new puffle.

April: Jungle Book Party
There was a Frozen party in this slot in 2015, but, since the Frozen hype has died down a bit and there hasn't been any new content for the franchise since that last event, I think Anna and Elsa won't show up in 2016.

What could find a home here?  Well, I could see a Zootopia event ending up in February, March, or April.  However, Disney has its big Jungle Book film in the April 2016 slot, so I'm going to guess that it ends up here, if there is a "marketing party" in April.

May: The Fair
The Fair consistently does well for CP and I see no need for them to move it.  But, while I know I've gone to the Disney well quite a few times in this post, I can't help but mention that Captain America: Civil War and Alice Through the Looking Glass hit theaters in May.  If anything pushes The Fair out of the way, it's going to be the return of the Marvel Superhero Takeover, with Alice being the wild card.  Just saying.

June: Finding Dory Party
How was I supposed to know there wasn't going to be a single party in June 2015?  I don't see that happening again this year, but it's always a possibility.  Finding Dory comes out in June, so, I presume that will find its home in either June or July.  I'll just place it here and hope for the best, though Marvel could sneak into this slot.

July: New Original Party
Aside from Finding Dory: Month Two, there's nothing for Disney to promote here, unless there's some random Disney Channel Movie I'm unaware of or a Force Awakens event if Star Wars returns to its original 2013 home.  So, I feel pretty confident with this prediction.  I'll take it a step further and say Music Jam or whatever they decide to call it this time plants its feet here.

August: Fashion Festival
This year's fashion event seemed to be pretty popular and well recieved.  It could move somewhere else, but I feel this August location is a good place for it.

September: New Original Party
The Descendants have little reason to return and Disney will have nothing to push movie wise.  Maybe the school party will return?

October: Halloween Party
Duh.

November: EPF Event
November is the EPF's month, as 2015 showed us.  Unless CP happens to plays a trick on us all and plops a secret agent event in one of those "new party" slots, I think they plan to keep Herbert here.

If we bring Disney properties into this, things get a little more interesting.  Disney's animation arm will release Moana in this month, while Star Wars spinoff Rogue One will drop in December.  CP will probably end up placing Star Wars earlier in the year to capitalize on Episode Seven, so I think Moana has a chance of stealing this slot if any party does.

December: Holiday Party
Duh.

No comments:

Post a Comment